Leaving a mark





A long lonely highway.  It has a lot of nowhere all along it.  And this tree has dozens of pairs of shoes slung up in various places all over it.  Some athletic shoes, some boots, some that were once fancy.  All an attempt of someone to make their mark.  


The tree fascinated me.  I took pictures of it at all kinds of angles.  Far away, directly under... everything but climbing up into it.  I was amazed at the number of shoes, and the length of time some of them had obviously been there.


As I was getting ready to leave I looked around for the first time.

 And these were the shoes that didn't make it.  They spoke to me just as loudly as the ones in the tree.    There weren't quite as many as were in the tree, but they were plentiful on the ground
People making a statement as well.

Perhaps we aren't all meant to make our mark on the tree.

We can leave just as much of an impact on the ground.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Violated

Timing

Please 4/1996-12/2009