Time goes on

A flower laid on a grave. It seemed only yesterday yet it was a week ago. There are other other significant events that happened this year and they feel as though they happened in another life. All that remains are distant memories and a vague feeling of having done something, yet it seems it happened to someone else.

It is so hard to take that first step, whatever that first step is. Trying something new is scary, as the unknown often is. I am not sure when I became so afraid of trying new things. And I am not sure how to overcome that fear.

That is how I think I find myself suddenly a week beyond a funeral, nearly 6 months after a marathon, or almost 12 years into the life of a wonderful furry friend. I've slipped into something comfortable. And I don't know how to shed that familiar robe, even if it is becoming no longer warm and comfortable. It is still easy to wear the robe, because even if I do nothing, tomorrow still comes.

I ask myself if there will be a point where being unhappy with the prospect of my tomorrow will make me change my tomorrow.

I don't have an answer.

Yet.

Comments

Oh I love that line:

...I don't know how to shed that familiar robe, even if is becoming no longer warm and comfortable.

I'm so happy to hear/read your thoughts.

Popular posts from this blog

Violated

Timing

Please 4/1996-12/2009