Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Remembering to Breathe

An opportunity has finally become an actuality. Given that all the paperwork is in order and the licensing gods smile down upon me, I will have an opportunity to sit for the state boards to actually get my Vet Tech License some time later this year.

I have been studying throughout this time frame, hoping that this opportunity will indeed happen!
This process has been a roller coaster over the last 10 months or so. Will this possibility come to fruition? As the state board mulled it over, I anxiously awaited the minutes from their meetings. Vote now? No. Vote now? No. Vote now? Yes. Result? YES.



The DCA (department of consumer affairs) had to sign off on it. I was assured that they would, but they had to meet first.

Remember that budget issue?? It is amazing how many things that affected.... the DCA couldn't meet again in 2008 due to budgetary constraints. So they didn't sign off on it.

Until this month. Mind you, nothing about the time constraints of the window changed. The window opened up on Jan 1, set to close Dec 31, 2009. But we couldn't crawl thru it. Until now. I have to shower them with paperwork that proves that I am worthy of this test. That goes in the mail tomorrow.

New snag....

Remember that budget issue? Right off the bat, we are being told that there will potentially be a 60 day processing period because of the state mandated furlough days.

Then there is a probable 6 week wait AFTER the paperwork is processed to actually have the test scheduled.

More waiting.

BUT..... I should get to take this test! I will probably have only one chance at taking this test.

I am excited.

I am also anxious.

I have always had test anxiety.... I have to get past that for this test.

Why am I here writing??? I have to get back to studying!!

Wish me luck!!